Trasimeno Lake - Trasimeno DOC
Suggested Itineraries: 3 days/ 2 nights
Day 1 (Magione)
Arrival in the afternoon at a MTV Umbria member winery located near Magione
MTV Umbria winery visit, dinner and accommodation
Day 2 (Magione / Castiglione del Lago)
· MTV Umbria winery visit in between Perugia and Trasimeno Lake
Transfer to Passignano on Trasimeno Lake - Ferry for to the islands and islands tour.
Back to Passignano
· Lunch: in Passignano, Lake fish tasting in one of the town’s finest restaurants
Transfer to Castiglione del Lago . Free time in Castiglione del Lago MTV suggests:
- · Il Palazzo castiglionese of della Corgna Family with construction starting in 1563 after the inquisition of Ascanio, Marquis of Castiglione. Conceived as a small palace, was completely isolated from the rest of the village. Subsequently, several rich gardens were added to it, gardens praised by writers and poets that unfortunately have been lost. The original core of the building was made up of one or more tower-houses built in the thirteenth century and was then transformed at the beginning of the sixteenth century in a hunting lodge by the Baglioni Family.
- · Rocca del Leone: is a building made up of polygonal walls crenellated in the Guelph style, four towers and the triangular keep, that has represented for centuries the most important military settlement placed on the shores of Trasimeno Lake. It was begun in the twelfth century on the ruins of an earlier fortification destroyed in 1091 by Henry IV (1050-1106) of Franconia.
· Dinner and Accommodation in the Town of Castiglione del Lago
Day 3 (around Trasimeno and Panicale)
· Near the Lake, Panicale is a lovely well-preserved medieval town. Full of beautiful churches and magnificent palaces it is also famous for the production of hand embroidered table cloths, bridal veils, handkerchiefs, table centerpieces and curtains.
MTV member winery visit in the area of Panicale
· Panicale: Visit to an oil mill member of Strade del Vino e dell’Olio dell’Umbria www.stradevinoeolio.umbria.it